Friday, January 25, 2008

A Disappointment of Great Proportions

For days we watched the website looking for change. Every time we checked, we got what we were looking for. 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%. and finally, 70%. It was practically a sure thing! We gathered around the television last night and watched as the weatherman assured us that ice was imminent. We were all giddy with excitement at the thought of an unscheduled day off from work and school. I headed off to bed knowing that I would have to get up at the normal time but would be able to go right back to my warm, comfy bed after I did the responsible thing and checked for school closings.

I slept the night through and when the alarm went off, I jumped straight out of bed instead of hitting the snooze button 3 or 4 times. I practically skipped to the back door just knowing that the porch would be covered in ice. I flipped on the light and what did I see? Nothing that I wouldn't see any other day of the year. Yeah, I'm at work.

12 comments:

Zoe's Dad said...

I feel your pain. No closings--no delays. Up early as usual.

Rebecca said...

Over here every other town gets closures or delays for school and stuff, but my town...NOTHING...big fat zero - they are animals here, freakin Yetti's!

Stacey said...

Oh no! What a disappointment! The good news is, winter is far from over (said in a hopeful voice)!

Burg said...

Us too.. Dang it!

MilitaryMom said...

Sorry Chick, I'd love to wake up, fling open the back door, and NOT see snow and ice for a change. There are no snow days in North Dakota, just long, cold misery!

Serina Hope said...

Oh man, that just bites.

Sniz said...

This always happens! I hate it!

Tori :) said...

I'm sorry Dana. You and Alec could have hung out moping together! ;)

Lene said...

Oh I will send you some of this cold weather! It has been a huge change for us. My kids are used to flip flops, shorts and playing outside 365 days of the year. Poor kidos haven't played outside since we moved in October.

Cute post!!

EE said...

Don't ya hate it when that happens?
You know that you're supposed to sleep with your pjs inside-out, to get a snowday!

FRIGGA said...

Awwww, bummer!

dawn224 said...

ugh. what a bummer. I hope you didn't get ice then to blow your weekend.